Sunday, June 12, 2005

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial

Chiang Kai-Shek (CKS) Memorial was built in memory of Taiwan's first President. Chiang Kai-Shek escaped China to setup Taiwan's first democratic government. The memorial itself is huge! Inside there is a statue of Chiang Kai-Shek that is heavily guarded. The guards remain motionless and then there is the changing of the guards every hour. It reminded me of the guards in London. Outside the memorial there is a large garden and pond. Apparently, when Davis was younger he liked to go to the pond to feed the fish and even fell in once. :) I had a funny story too when I tried to feed the fish there. So we bought fish food and as I was nearing the end of the container, I decided that I was just going to whip the rest of the food into the pond. Well, as I was bringing my arm back to throw it, all the food came out and spilled all over the bridge. The funny part was that all these little kids see all this food on the ground and they just start picking it up all around me so they could feed the fish. They weren't going to pass up free fish food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home