Sunday, June 12, 2005

Christmas In Taiwan

I arrived in Taiwan on Christmas Day. After a three hour plane ride, I landed in Taipei. After getting off the plane, it didn't really feel like Christmas. For one, it was warm! It was weird not seeing snow on Christmas day. Two, it was the first Christmas that I didn't get to spend with my family. However, I am fortunate that I did get to spend it with Davis and his. Three, instead of the traditional Christmas meal that I am used to having with my family, Davis and I went to a restaurant called Grandma Nitty's. This restaurant had a wide selection of food and it was actually nice to not see Japanese seafood plastered all over the menu. So for Christmas dinner, I ordered a burrito. I guess I just wanted something that wasn't Japanese. The burrito, however, was a little too spicy for me so I didn't finish it. It was kind of a waste. After dinner, Davis and I walked around downtown Taipei and I was able to see some sights.

6 Comments:

At June 14, 2005 at 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Too spicy" = wuss ;)

Love,
D

 
At June 14, 2005 at 5:43 PM, Blogger Colette said...

At least I don't fall into ponds...oii!

 
At June 16, 2005 at 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't try and talk in the wrong language like someone else!
-D

 
At June 16, 2005 at 6:57 AM, Blogger Colette said...

I was just showing them my multilingual skills. ;)

Sayonara/Tsai Jian :)

 
At June 16, 2005 at 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I taught you well-you still remember "tsai jian." Good job! Now if you could only do that with names, too;)
-D

 
At June 16, 2005 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Colette said...

Yeah I don't know if that is ever going to happen. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home