Sunday, May 22, 2005

Hiroshima City Museum of Contemporary Art

While I was in Hiroshima, I went to a couple of museums. One of them being a contemporary art museum. I'm not a big art museum fan, but this one was really cool. They had tons of different and interesting exhibits on display. For instance, from afar this one picture looked like any type of picture you would see in an art museum. It was a painting of a young girl. However, when you went up close to it you discover that the painting is actually all made out of thumb prints. Another exhibit I liked was there were a bunch of different countries flags on display. As you looked at it more closely you saw that the flags were actually made from colored sand. On top of that, you discover that it was actually an ant farm with real ants crawling through the different flags. One of the stranger exhibits they had was a giant green teddy bear. You could then feed the bear bombs and they would blow up in its stomach. I wasn't quite sure what that exhibit was all about, but I did feed the teddy bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home