Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Nagahama Lantern Festival

One weekend I traveled to Nagahama to see their annual lantern festival. Lanterns were put on display throughout a covered walkway. The lanterns were made out of glass, paper, straws, you name it. It was really interesting to see the different shapes and designs. While at the lantern festival, I also attended a jazz performance and had dinner with some JHS students. After the festival, a bunch of other JET's and I went bowling. It was a little difficult for me since I was wearing a skirt! I think I bowled the worst game of my life that night. On top of that I missed the last train back to Hikone. I ended up crashing at Arica's apartment. All in all though it was a fun night.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2004 at 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Coey! I like the pictures of the lanterns, but what I really want to see are pictures of where you live...I'm curious whether you really have enough blankets or not:)
-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home